On Friday, students will bring home their second-quarter report cards. It's important to talk with your student about their achievements and successes, as well as their areas for growth. Here are a few tips:
- Talk about it: Ask your child if they understand the grades, teacher comments, and goals for the upcoming quarter.
- Grades alone do not define your child: They are important, but grades make up only a portion of what they know or what they are capable of becoming. Grades do not measure such things as perseverance, integrity, creativity, and emotional intelligence.
- Communicate the positive: Highlight the areas in which they have improved and the comments in the "strengths" section.
- Set goals together: Ask your child to set a goal for him or herself for the upcoming quarter. Find time to talk to them about this over the upcoming weeks to help them monitor their progress. Teaching your child self-reflection and goal setting now will serve them well as they progress through their academic career.
- Avoid comparing your child with others. Each child has their own strengths and challenges - celebrate them for who they are, not how they compare to others.
We have a busy week coming up! Our Upper School ASB will be selling Valentine Grams before school Monday, February 10th - Thursday, February 13th. The cost is $2.00. Candy Grams will be delivered to students on Valentine’s Day, February 14th. Your child can purchase these themselves. If you choose to make the purchase, please remember to park in a designated parking spot. Do not leave the car unattended in the drop-off area.
Our Parent Association is having a Valentine’s Day Bake Sale during lunch on Friday, February 14th.
Teachers and students are gearing up to celebrate the 100th Day of School on Tuesday, February 11th. I know they’ll be eager to share the experience with you. Classes are collecting 100 needed items for the Coachella Valley Rescue Mission. If you wish to participate, please send the items to class by this day. (See your teacher if you need more information.)
If you cannot attend our Annual Gala, you can still bid on some great items online! Click here to do so: bid
Our Specialist Newsletter for the Second Quarter is available on line. Enjoy! PVS
Special Awards Assembly: On Friday, February 14th, we will recognize 5th - 12th grade students who achieved Honor Roll and High Honor Roll for the first semester during the regular All-School Assembly at 8:15 in the GYM. I’ll notify Fifth-grade parents if their student has earned this award.
School is out Monday, February 17th - Friday, February 21st. School offices are closed on February 17th, but we will have Mini-Camp available Tuesday through Friday, February 18th - 21st. We ask that you sign up online here so we can staff accordingly.
We are in need of volunteers to help with the annual Scholastic Bookfair. March 10th - 13th. We need help with set-up a few days prior to the event, staffing the fair during the hours it is open, and teardown. Please let me know if you can help.
Friday, February 7th: Report Cards sent home
Saturday, February 8th: PVS Gala
Tuesday, February 11th: 100th Day of School
Monday - Thursday, February 10th - 13th: Valentine’s Day Candy Grams on sale
Friday, February 14th: Awards Assembly 8:15 in the GYM.
Parent Association Bake sale during students’ lunch
Monday - Friday, February 17th- 21st: Mid-Winter Break. School is closed on 2/17,
Mini-Camp Available 2/18 - 2/21.
Have a terrific week!
Head of Lower School