“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” -Dr. Seuss
We are just two short days from our Mid-Winter Break! Some families have plans to leave the valley and others have planned a wonderful “staycation.” Regardless of what you do next week, I encourage you to encourage your son or daughter to find a good read and go places. Your child's teacher is a great resource. They will be happy to find and lend a book from the class library. Here are two websites that have great suggestions for books:
If you were unable to attend our Casino Royale Gala this past Saturday you can still support our school and score some incredible deals and great items through our Online Auction found HERE!
Chinese New Year begins this week. Mrs. Huerta has been doing some great activities in Global Studies, students made Chinese Calligraphy banners in Art, and they will attend a presentation about the Chinese New Year from some of our International Students from China on Thursday, February 15th at 2:30 pm in the Lower School Amphitheater. Come join us!
Students are in for a treat on Friday- it’s Move-Up Day! Please note: 5th graders will be dismissed from the Middle School at 3:20 pm. Please plan on attending the 5th-grade Q & A session with Mr. Josh Brooks, and Mrs. Manny Mulé the Head of Middle School next year at 3:25 pm in the Multi-purpose Room.
Mrs. McGrew and her staff have some grand plans for the mini-camps on February 20th-23rd. Sign up at pvs.org/camps.
PVS will be collecting gently used clothing for Desert Best Friend’s Closet. They are asking for Men’s and Women’s suits and professional clothing, shoes, handbags, and accessories. Please drop your items on hangers at the Lower School Office this week and February 26th - March 2nd.
Our 2nd Quarter Specialist Class newsletter is posted on the school website. Take a look: https://pvs.org/
This year's Ember, Palm Valley School's Preschool-Grade 12 yearbook promises to be out of this world. Order your copy online at ybpay.lifetouch.com. Our yearbook ID code is 12453418. The price is $55 until February 28th and will increase to $60 on March 1. The last day to pre-order your Ember is April 16. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Susan Farley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blood Drive on Tuesday, February 27th, 1:00 to 6:00 pm in the gym.
- Read Across America and Dr. Seuss Day is Friday, March 2nd: This is free dress day and students may dress up as a favorite Dr. Seuss character. I have invited a few guest readers to visit the classrooms and share a favorite book.
- Student-Led Conferences: Wednesday, March 7th.
- Book Fair: Tuesday - Friday, March 13th - 16th in the MPR. The hours will be 7:30 am - 8:15 am and 2:45 pm - 3:30 pm Tuesday through Thursday, and Friday during the Grandparents’ and Special Friends’ event.
- Grandparents’ and Special Friend’s Day is Friday, March 16th.
Enjoy the Mid-Winter Break. I look forward to speaking with students to hear about their reading adventures.
Head of Lower School