Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)
It’s hard to believe this is my last eblast of the school year. While many of us are counting down the days, it is always difficult to say goodbye for the summer.
There are some upcoming items of note:
- Clothing Drive: Palm Valley is working with the Refugee Health Alliance to help children at the border. They are in desperate need of Spring and Summer clothing, especially sizes infant to 3T. Please drop off any donations to the Lower School. (The drive ends on June 1st.)
- Yearbooks: Distribution will be on Tuesday, June 1st. There are a few yearbooks available to purchase for $70. Bring your cash or check to the Middle School Office.
- Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream: Thank you, Dr. Yang and the Palm Valley Parent Association, who are bringing the Ben and Jerry’s truck to our campus on Wednesday afternoon. Students will have a choice of flavors, including a dairy-free and nut-free option.
- The last day of school: is Thursday, June 3rd. Kindergarten through Second graders are out at 11:15 am, and Third through Fifth Graders at 11:30 am. There is no AfterCare.
- Kiddos Lingua: June 7th - 11th and June 14th - 18th
- Arts and Technology: June 21st - 25th - for 3rd - 5th graders
*Please note that due to circumstances beyond our control, we could not coordinate the Stem Magic Camp.
- Camp Invention- July 26th - July 30th- for K - 6th graders
The Second Semester Specialist Teachers’ Newsletter is available by clicking here: LINK
Important communications: Report Cards will be mailed on June 11th. There will also be a letter with recommendations of ways for students to maintain and strengthen their skills.
In mid-July, each family will receive an email with registration documents and other important information. At the end of the month, look for a letter from your student’s new teacher that contains a list of needed supplies and a placard to use at student pick-up. We welcome all students on Wednesday, August 11th at 8:00 am!
I hope everyone has a wonderful summer break. Our offices will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Please reach out if you have any questions. I will see you all on August 11th.