Welcome back! It is so great to see the students, feel their excitement, and, most of all, hear their laughter. In many ways, Tuesday was the first day of school all over again as they went over class routines, safety protocols, got to know the students, and continued to build a class team.
The recent fires have had an impact on air quality. If there is any question, we use AirNow.gov to ensure the most accurate information. If the AQI (Air Quality Index) is over 100℉, we have recess and P.E. inside. Please reach out to me if you have any questions.
A few items to note:
- Please make sure your students bring the requested classroom supplies sent in late August. This year, we are limiting the use of shared materials and supplies by asking every student to have their own set. These will be kept in the student’s classroom cubby and will be for your child’s exclusive use. Students take their supplies to Specialist Classes as needed. If you need an additional copy, please reach out to your classroom teacher.
- Student safety is a top concern! At dismissal, please make sure the placard we provided is in the right front of the car dashboard. Pull as far up as possible. One of us will escort your child to your car and help them in. If you need an additional placard, please notify Ms. Anguiano: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have installed touchless, refrigerated water coolers throughout the Lower School. Please remember to send a water bottle or container from home and make sure it is labeled.
- The Lower School office is staffed beginning at 8:30 am. There is a locked drop box located outside the door where you can leave paperwork if needed for your convenience. If you prefer, the main administration office, located in the Middle School, is staffed beginning at 7:30 am.
- Back To School Night is next Thursday, September 17th, at 6:00 pm. It will be a virtual event. Dr. Sherman and I will be in attendance, and then families will have breakout sessions with the classroom teachers. If you have more than one student enrolled in the Lower School, the teachers will record their presentation and email a copy to you upon request. Look for a link to the event early next week.