Palm Valley School is an exceptional learning community
that educates, nurtures, and challenges each student to
achieve excellence and contribute to our global society.
- Individual attention to students
- Inspiring, passionate, and innovative teaching
- Inquiry and exploration
- Academic, artistic, and athletic growth
- Trust, respect, and partnership
- Responsibility to self and others
Fast Facts About Palm Valley
Palm Valley School has a strong tradition of educational excellence. Since 1952, Palm Valley School has stood alone as the Coachella Valley's only non-sectarian, college-prep, independent school. With our commitment to excellence, Palm Valley School provides an Infant-12th grade curriculum co-educational environment in which highly motivated students flourish and find success in the classroom, at colleges and universities throughout the nation, and beyond.
Reasons To Consider Palm Valley Private School:
- PVS offers a complete and integrated educational experience from Nursery through Grade 12. PVS occupies 34 acres in Rancho Mirage with stunning mountain views. The campus features separate campuses and buildings for each of our four divisions - Preschool (ages 6wks to 4), Lower (Grades K-5), Middle (Grades 6-8), and Upper (Grades 9-12), along with a full-size gymnasium and several separate recesses and athletic fields.
- With an average school-wide student to faculty ratio of twelve to one, our small class sizes offer personal attention and a college preparatory curriculum designed to meet the individual strengths and needs of each student.
- Our inspiring, innovative and passionate faculty is one of our greatest strengths. Approximately 60% of our faculty hold advanced degrees.
- Our College Counseling program is unparalleled in the Valley. Our student to college counselor ratio is approximately 25 to one, compared to the national average of over 400 to one.
- Students participate almost daily in physical education and a variety of competitive sports.
- Our Visual Art, Drama, and Choral programs are high caliber and award winning.
- PVS student have completed thousands of hours of community service since the formal service program began in 2006.
- The graduating class of 2020 earned more than $2 million in merit scholarships alone.
- With 18+ Advanced Placement (AP) courses, we are dedicated to developing our students inside and outside of the classroom for a college preparatory path.