Palm Valley School has a strong tradition of educational excellence. Celebrating its 65th year, Palm Valley School has stood alone as the Coachella Valley's only non-sectarian, college-prep, independent school. With our commitment to excellence, Palm Valley School provides a P-12, co-educational environment in which highly motivated students flourish and find success in the classroom, at colleges and universities throughout the nation, and beyond.
Here are some great reasons to consider a Palm Valley School education:
- PVS offers a complete and integrated educational experience from Preschool through Grade 12. PVS occupies 34 acres in Rancho Mirage with stunning mountain views. The campus features separate campuses and buildings for each of our four divisions - Preschool (ages 18 mo. to 4), Lower (Grades K-5), Middle (Grades 6-8), and Upper (Grades 9-12), along with a full-size gymnasium and several separate recesses and athletic fields.
- With an average school-wide student to faculty ratio of twelve to one, our small class sizes offer personal attention and a college preparatory curriculum designed to meet the individual strengths and needs of each student.
- Our inspiring, innovative and passionate faculty is one of our greatest strengths. Approximately 60% of our faculty hold advanced degrees.
- Our College Counseling program is unparalleled in the Valley. Our student to college counselor ratio is approximately 25 to one, compared to the national average of over 400 to one.
- Students participate almost daily in physical education and a variety of competitive sports.
- Our Visual Art, Drama, and Choral programs are high caliber and award winning.
- PVS students completed over 20,000 hours of community service since 2006.
- The graduating class of 2017 earned more than $2 million in merit scholarships alone.
- With 18+ Advanced Placement (AP) courses, we are dedicated to developing our students inside and outside of the classroom for a college preparatory path.