Palm Valley's Preschool serves students from Infants (beginning at 6 weeks), Toddlers (18 months and not potty trained), through Preschool (2.5 to 3.5 and potty trained) and into Pre-K (3.5 to 4.5). We offer a nurturing and progressive approach to ensure that children have an opportunity to develop the skills necessary to reach their highest potential. Using children's natural curiosity as a foundation, our qualified staff provide opportunities for children to explore the world around them. We provide a happy, safe, and encouraging environment where we expose children to literature, music, physical activity, drama, art, and science. We also introduce many readiness activities needed for developing reading and math skills.
The teachers use developmentally appropriate materials and equipment to encourage children to participate in activities that foster their independence, encourage appropriate social behavior, and develop language skills. Children learn to reason, question, and experiment. Teachers encourage children to work independently to develop their natural abilities, and in small groups so they can learn cooperation and the value of other children's thoughts and feelings.
We also believe in outdoor play as a cornerstone of our curriculum. As such, our week includes two Outdoor days (Mondays and Fridays) where free dress is allowed and students can dig, run, water, explore, and more in our spacious outdoor spaces for each age group.
- E-9 Preschool Handbook (Caterpillars, Crickets, Hummingbirds)
- E-10 Preschool Student & Families Handbook (Quails, Coyotes, Jackrabbits)
- Identification and Emergency Information
- Non-Prescription Medication Permission Form
- Shutterfly Permission Form
- Physician's Report
- Child's Preadmission Health History
- Notification of Parents' Rights
- Consent for Emergency Medical Treatment
- Personal Rights
- Volunteers will need fingerprinting and background check. Please see the Business Office for details.