Dear Palm Valley Lower School Families,
Next Tuesday, September 8th we are re-opening our Lower School campus for in-person instruction per the conditions and following the guidelines as stated in our school literature and waiver application. There will be some noticeable changes that can be found in our Lower School Handbook, but are summarized below. For our 2nd – 5th grades, we are offering our Hyflex Learning Platform, for those families that desire to remain learning remotely. As we have presented earlier, this will be a synchronous, online experience that will parallel the classroom. To sign up for the Hyflex Program, we ask that you read, sign, and return our Hyflex Agreement, found using the link below, by Friday, September 4th.
Lower School Hyflex Agreement:
Noticeable Lower School changes:
- Staggered start times: K – 2nd grade: 8:00 am, 3 – 5th grades: 8:20 am
- Temperature checks and health screenings for all students prior to entrance into the LS
- Limited class sizes and social distancing when in and out of the classroom
- Increased hygiene practices including hand-washing, proper mask wearing, and no sharing of materials or food
- Cohort maintenance throughout the instructional school day
- Staggered pick up times at differing locations
* Please be patient and understanding during these first few days. Much of this will be new to our staff, students, and families. As we become familiar with these new guidelines, we expect that things will improve.
Dr. Steven Sherman
Head of School