Dear Palm Valley Community,
I hope that this weekly letter finds you and your family in good health. This week, we are beginning our transition to summer and the process of closing down our 2019 - 2020 school year. Therefore, our campus has become a bit busier with families coming to campus to pick up items left behind and drop off school equipment. Please remember to keep masks on and maintain appropriate social distancing while on campus.
I would like to take this opportunity to announce that we will be opening our Preschool Summer Camp for families of Essential Workers only beginning next Monday, June 8th. Naturally, there will be some noticeable changes in procedures and protocols to promote the well-being of both our families and employees. We have published a new handbook that details these changes more specifically, but they will include:
- Limited Class sizes (per county health mandates) of 4 infants (6 weeks - 18 mos.), 6 toddlers (18 mos. - 2.5 yrs), and 10 Preschool students (2 - 6 yrs).
- Hours of operation from 8 - 4:30pm
- Parents must supply all student food/snacks and sharing will not be allowed
- Parents will not be allowed in the facility, but will be met by school personnel at the entrance. The single entrance point being the E9 Front Door.
- Intensified cleaning protocols and hand washing
- In-depth daily sign in procedures
- Daily temperature checks of both students and all employees
I would encourage you to read the full content of our revised handbook for greater details or contact Ms. Kaira Beach for specific questions. To sign up and access a copy of the handbook, please use the Eventbrite link below. (Enrollment will be limited and on a first-come, first served basis)
We remain on track for a physical opening of school next Fall on August 26th. Next Monday, I will offer in more detail our current plans to conduct school while adhering to state and county health guidelines.
As always, I remain available to connect via email (email@example.com), phone or if you’d like, feel free to schedule a “socially distanced” meeting by contacting Sarai Jimenez (firstname.lastname@example.org). I would enjoy spending some time getting to know you.
Dr. Steven Sherman
Head of School