In the Admissions Office, our goal is to provide a welcoming face to answer any and all of your questions about our great school. The Admissions process is designed to provide you with insight into the school’s expectations for the family, as well as, to evaluate a student’s skills, achievements, and talents and to determine Palm Valley is the right school for your student and family. We want to ensure that your time here is engaging, positive, and satisfying. Additionally, we want to best understand how we can support the unique needs of every child and family to be successful and to thrive in our community.
Because we strive to maintain small classes for optimal individual attention to each student, space is sometimes limited in a particular grade - especially during these unprecedented times. Applications for admission will be considered once the parent has submitted sufficient information upon which to make a decision. Applications made during the school year will be considered only if space is available. Application submission does not guarantee admission. Admissions qualifications is determined by academic assessments specific to each grade level and a variety of other factors. Students that need specific academic supports may need to be further assessed by our Learning Specialist to determine if our program and support staff are able to meet their individual needs for success.
What does the Palm Valley School Application Process look like?
Application & Materials Due Date is March 1. However, we do practice rolling Admissions through the year based on space available in the grade level or section.*
- Complete an Online Application OR download an Application to fill out and submit in person or via mail.
- Submit an application processing fee of $125 at time of application submission. Financial Aid candidates/applicants may have this fee waived, contact us for more information.
After the Application has been received, we require the following items for assessment:
- Student grades/transcripts sent from former school(s)
- Results from any standardized testing that the student has completed in the previous two-four years (ERB, Terra-Nova, ITBS, PSAT, SAT, ACT, MAP, etc.) or student can schedule a time to complete admissions testing at Palm Valley School (we administer the ISEE)
- Schedule a Shadow day for the student to spend time on our campus and a Family Interview with a Division Head. This can be waived or done via Skype/Phone if applicant is applying from out of town and scheduling this is not physically feasible.
- Two completed Teacher Recommendation forms. These can be uploaded to the Online Application if completed at the time of application or sent after the application is submitted.
Once we have assessed student candidacy for admission, a letter of decision will be sent to the family. If the student is accepted, they will also be sent an enrollment contract .
- A non-refundable enrollment deposit ($1000) due at time of contract signing that is applied directly to tuition. A space is not reserved until a signed contract and deposit has been received. This amount can be adjusted for Financial Aid.
- Last date to withdraw from a signed contract without penalty: May 1
*Admissions will take place on a rolling basis as long as space is available in the grade of interest. Applications will be accepted after the March 1 due date as space is available. Late applying students will be considered as long as they qualify for admissions with a complete admissions file and the grade is not full.
Open Houses & School Tours
Prospective and interested families are invited to tour the school at any time by clicking the link below to set up a tour at a time that works for them. Additionally, we host several Open Houses on campus, which will be virtual this year (2020), where prospective students and families can meet administrators, faculty, and current parents.